Re: [RTTY] Fwd: [GreenKeys] lack of civility

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fwd: [GreenKeys] lack of civility
From: WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 10:47:51 -0800
>So I hear someone calling CQ and answer them.
>(Callsign withheld) When I asked them "what number?",
>their response was "Just give me a damn number."

Cut me a break. This isn't that tough, guys.

"Just give me a darn number"

"wpx test serial nr start 001"

Same exact amount of characters.

This is not in the tradition of RTTY nor RTTY contesting, just ask Don
AA5AU or Mike K4GMH, or a lot of others guys who have the T-Shirts.

Perhaps Joe or someone should have posted on GreenKeys what the
contest was and the exchange prior to the contest.  Perhaps I should
have.

RTTY guys and gals drive down a slightly different path from other
modes.  We have always been inclusive and not exclusive.

Jay WS7I