[RTTY] PRO III and RITTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] PRO III and RITTY
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 07:33:36 -0800 (PST)
Using the RTTY filters in the PROIII and having a none ham XYL has lead me to
doing RTTY with the PROIII scope and MMTTY XY scope, no audio. On rare
occasions I use headphones with just enough volume to hear, but not enough to
leak out and get the XYL upset. Being an old CW contester it took some getting
used to, but it saves the ears.

AS far as RITTY goes, I run audio to my PC and an old dos laptop using the
internal sound card for RX only. I find 20-30% better copy on weak signals. I
remember at least 3 DXpeditions I could not have worked without it.

Rick, N6PE