[RTTY] Secret

To: Group RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Secret
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:25:51 -0800 (PST)
Stations sending 559 in contests are usually "check log only" operators. These
logs are used by the contest sponsors to eliminate logs with errors. The
results never appear and you are told the log was lost or misplaced. If you
have more than three miscopied RST entries you are automatically eliminated
from the following year's contest.

The checkers also time your macros and apply secret deductions to your score if
it appears you have an unfair advantage by sending shorter exchanges.

Other operators monitor running only stations and suggest percent deductions to
total scores if the station was confusing people with his QRZ vs CQ macro.
Stations sending "thanks for the contact and good luck in the contest" are be
awarded extra points.

There are plans to limit contest software to only "approved" versions. The
approved software will automatically delete a contact if you ask the sending
station for a repeat twice in a row and then send a 599.

Rick, N6PE
April 1, 2011