Re: [RTTY] 559 instead of 599

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 559 instead of 599
From: <walt@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 2:18:06 +0000
Hi All,

I typically fill in all the static parts of the macro rather than use shortcut
characters, mostly because I can't remember them all and would need to look
them up at the start of each contest.

Once I had "AH60Z" in my CQ macro, TWICE. Chen called me to point out that I
had a "0" (zero) instead of an "O" (oh) and he was having a hard time filling
his call field. Looked good to me ;-)

73 es Aloha,

Walt
AH6OZ

Once I was in a hurry and used "AH60Z" in my CQ macro
---- Ktfrog007@aol.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you think it's possible these stations just made a typo in their
> macros?  Typing 559 by accident instead of 599.
>
> I don't know all the ways of generating macros.  I use MMTTY by itself  and
> when setting up my macros I often put 599 directly in them (rather than
> using %r) plus whatever the exchange is for the contest.  I can see myself
> fumble-fingering my way to 559 and not noticing it.
>
> 73,
> Kermit (aka Ken) AB1J

<snipping . . . done>