Re: [RTTY] Post Roundup comments

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Post Roundup comments
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:23:01 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 19:06:30 -0500, "Anthony J. Cioffi \(N2KI\)"
<n2ki@amsat.org> wrote:

> I saw very few "off frequency" callers which means most are learning
>how not to use the AFC when doing S & P.

REPLY:

Not only must the op turn off AFC during S&P, he must be sure the MARK
frequency is reset to 2125. With MMTTY, if you simply click the AFC
button to turn it off, the MARK frequency will stay at whatever it is at
that exact moment. You must also click the HAM button to restore the
default 2125 Hz.

As noted before, N1MM Logger can do this for you automatically, but that
is NOT the default action. Please email me if anyone needs further info.

73, Bill W6WRT