Re: [RTTY] Repeats: State vs Province vs QTH ...

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Repeats: State vs Province vs QTH ...
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:32:48 -0600
So I don't get something.  If time is of no issue, then why not
rag-chew with each station?

I see these contests as ... contests, in which the object is to work
as many stations as possible.  *I* may not feel that way about every
contest, but others do, so in both cases, I need to make my exchange
as efficient as possible.  Why *wouldn't* I do that?  If not for me,
then for the other guy that is trying to win?

I did see one station who obviously did not care to be as efficient as
possible: "73 AND GOOD LUCK IN THE CONTEST".  I mean, come on.  Why
bother?

Peter