Re: [RTTY] MMTTY AFC Bug

To: Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>, Rick Ellison <rellison@twcny.rr.com>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY AFC Bug
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 20:16:52 -0800 (PST)
was "thinking" that it was the nature of the 512 profile that if you aren't
tuned right on the signal or if the signal is too far off that AFC couldn't
tune
it fast enough that it won't print.  I was working so hard at making contacts
that I didn't actually put 2 and 2 together that AFC was turning itself off.

On Saturday, using FIR profile, I did not have this problem.  I did eventually

With the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog, there is an option to turn AFC OFF while
there is a callsign in the Entry Window.  I checked to make sure this option
was
not checked and it was not.  I even enabled it thinking it might help when
using
the 512 profile, but it didn't work.  AFC stayed on even if there was a call in
the Entry Window.

There's plenty of RTTY contests in the two months where we try to determine
what's going on.

The AA6YQ 512 profile is really awesome!

Thanks Dave!

73, Don AA5AU