Re: [RTTY] Sneak Preview of fldigi-3.21 (Signal Browser for, RTTY)

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sneak Preview of fldigi-3.21 (Signal Browser for, RTTY)
From: iw1ayd <iw1ayd@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 02:17:02 +0100
Well, also I would concur on what Richard and Chen wrote, absolutely.

Yes, it useful to have something like the B VFO with a different filter,
widest i.e., than the A VFO. As switching on the pile up responder to
the DX station it would be easy to drive the next call there. Moving the
VFO knob on the B side and catching the responder you get where the DX
station is listening at that time. Well, there are some IF_THEN
conditions that anybody could materialize by itself. BTW doing this with
a multi signals decoder would be more easy than flying around the VFO
know, attempting to stay up to the Q's speed and signals we effectively
could decode.

Still what Chen wrote is something more interesting and appealing, at
least for me. If I could see it in the right way, it is a
panadapter/waterfall showing a 48 or 96 KHz slice of RTTY signals with
some overlays of decoded text. May be another overlay could be the
cluster informations set band-mapped, in a proper way, over the same
panadapter/waterfall.
All this, and it's really already too much for the software we now have,
with ours 250 Hz brick wall MF filter for RX centered on the actual
signal we are getting into the entry windows of ours logger. That's one
at a time. We could also, we also need, a TX filter 400/500 Hz just to
don't care about audio harmonics using low tones for who like.
No AGC worries in RX and even no large TX signal in TX to worry about.
Several signals get decoded, just a click of the mouse will move ours
"hands"  signal to signal. Eyes may do it more rapidly. With some
hand/visual ability the first thing anybody could easily understand is
that there is continuity in the tones audio when doing S&P clicking
around. No wobbles, no lower to higher tones or revers changes, simply
point and click on the right side of the signal you already know of who
is by multi decoder or by the cluster overlay and the multi decoder.
When catching a signal if it disappear on a AGN AGN, no problem at all.
Click the next one you see CQing, do the QSO and be back for the first
one that resolved his AGN AGN loop. The first signal observed doesn't
finished his AGN AGN loop? No problem, look over the next ending CQ and
be there for another try. Working with eyes, hands and the brain to
correlate all. Put also at this time the search for multipliers, CQing
of course, and then the game is running. The speed to do this could be
throttled as anybody like. I would stay slow and enjoying the smooth of
the operations.

To do this we need new software and some new radios. The software, i.e.
loggers, clusters client and some other widgets and gadgets, need to be
more and more integrated with the radio package, HW/SW.
It would be time to come to this scenario, but since now no way. We are
still praying on RS-232 emulation and 64/32 bits issues. Carving stones
with stones, time after time. Not a bad job, but a new toy couldn't be
the same old toy with a new dressing/name.

CU on RU with DE or without, I hope to catch everybody within ours fully
enjoyable way, even if more ancient, but the future isn't here now.

     In the hope my English and my views may sound enough clear.

                                       73 de iw1ayd Salvo