[RTTY] RU Suggestions - Cherry Picking

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RU Suggestions - Cherry Picking
From: Dick Kriss <aa5vu@att.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 07:02:12 -0600
I would like to add to the list of RU suggestions that certain RUN
operators stop (or try to control) the what I call Cherry Picking.

When a number of stations are responding to their CQ, they send a generic
report (without a directed call sign before or after the report) then
select a call sign from the crowd and send a directed QSL (with a call
sign) and the standard QRZ. This technique leads to all kinds of
confusing.

The RUN operators mentioned know and use the standard directed exchange
most of the time. Hopefully, the observed Cherry Picking is a software
glitch and has not been intentional.

Happy New Year

73 Dick AA5VU