Re: [RTTY] may be a little off tiopic

To: "'James Wells'" <jewells5357@gmail.com>, "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] may be a little off tiopic
From: "Clint Talmadge W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 20:06:52 -0600
For RTTY MMTTY is the best and it is free. For CW use CW-Get.  While CW-Get
can be free paying the fee lets you keep your settings.  It can still be
used without paying.  Realize that CW-Get will not copy all CW. It does real
well with machine generated code which 99% of contest CW, but it will get
lost on a sloppy fist or a straight key.

For either of them you will need an interface from the radio audio to the
computer sound card, though I did use a mike set in front of the speaker to
test CW-Get when I first downloaded it.  They can be made inexpensively.
There are plans on AA5AU's web-page along with a wealth of information on
RTTY.

As an added bonus once you are set up to copy RTTY you can download other
free programs that will copy the new digital modes like PSK and a bunch  of
others. You will find these on HF around 14.070 MHz.

Good luck,
Clint Talmadge - W5CPT