[RTTY] Official word on NAQP CW & RTTY RU 2011

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Official word on NAQP CW & RTTY RU 2011
From: Dean Wood <cqden6de@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:17:21 -0800
Forwarding WA7BNM's message from the cq-contest reflector:

Hi,

I know there's been discussions on some of the reflectors regarding
the weekend conflict between the NAQP CW and ARRL RTTY Roundup
contests in January.

I've elected to not change the historic weekend of the NAQP CW
contest. When the ARRL moved the RTTY Roundup to the NAQP CW weekend
in the past in 2000 and 2005, the CW contest was held as scheduled. My
review of reflector comments posted at that time did not reveal a
serious disruption to NAQP CW. Because of the large number of NAQP
participants who do not frequent the contest reflector and to
discourage other contests from moving to the second weekend in
January, I believe it's important to maintain the predictable date of
the contest. I'm hopeful that the contesters in the two contests can
cooperate to minimize the degree of overlap during the first 12 hours
of the Roundup.

I realize this decision will inconvenience those who would like to
make a serious effort in both contests, but the good news is that it
will be 2022 before the next potential overlap.

The rules on the NCJ web site have been updated.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)
Manager, NAQP CW/SSB Contests