Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] NA Sprint RTTY Log Check Report Analysis

To: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] NA Sprint RTTY Log Check Report Analysis
From: Iain MacDonnell - N6ML <ar@dseven.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:08:02 +0000
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:59 PM, David Levine <david@levinecentral.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure, though I'm not home to check, using N1MM if I hard coded
> T0m into the exchange macros but used TOM when setting up the contest, I'd
> be sending T0m (with a zero) to everyone but my generated cabrillo log would
> show TOM (with the letter O) everywhere. If I used {exch} and setup the
> exchange to be 001 T0m MN it would all match.

Yes, that's right.

> BUT, I know for me, and maybe this is more specific to N1MM, I don't always
> use {exch} in my macros. If I did I wouldn't be able to resend a portion or
> multiple occurrences of some of the fields. If the exchange in N1MM is 001
> DAVID NJ then I'd be able to send {exch} {exch} which would send 001 DAVID
> NJ 001 DAVID NJ. I don't think (though there are 100's of N1MM tricks I
> don't know) if I could  send 001 DAVID DAVID NJ or 001 DAVID NJ NJ without
> hardcoding the macro. I know there's a # which would allow me to, as an
> example, send # {exch} which would send 001 001 DAVID NJ. I'm also not sure,
> if some asked for NAME? NAME? if there's a way in N1MM to have it send DAVID
> DAVID based on the entered exchange when the contest is set up. I normally
> hard code those to macro buttons.

Yes. It would be nice to have separate symbols for name, section, etc,
so we could share generic macro definitions, but it doesn't work that
way.

In any case, K0YR didn't turn in a log, so there is no cabrillo file
to cross-reference (other than the regenerated one that Ed shared).

    ~Iain / N6ML