[RTTY] SARTG

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SARTG
From: "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 15:48:00 -0500
QSO's = 74   PTS = 1030   MULTI = 43  CLAIMED SCORE 44,290.

After the thunder storm with the power going out 3 times just before the
contest I found the computer would not key my RigBlaster Plus. No green TX
light in the AUTO setting. Checking the rig, connections and computer
settings, everything was ok. Missed the first 8 hours and most of the 2nd
until I found a way to get the computer to key the radio. I put the
RigBlaster in the VOX mode and then manually turned the rig on and off using
the MOX button of my Mark-5 Field. Try clicking on a call in N1MM, TX the
rig by hand to send my call and RX the rig by hand when sent. When the call
came back to me it was the same procedure. MOX button to TX, send exchange,
MOX button to RX. It was slow going and very tiring. I did well to get the
74 contacts. But I still had some fun as I was in the contest. Thanks to
Mike, K4GMH, for his words of encouragement during the contest. I still do
not know why the RigBlaster will not TX/RX in the AUTO mode but will in the
VOX mode and manually keying the radio.

I hope to be in the next contest ..... Dick     KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
whiter26@sbcglobal.net

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M