[RTTY] DXP-38- keep it or sell it?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] DXP-38- keep it or sell it?
From: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:25:00 -0700 (PDT)
I have a pair of DXP-38 modems that I got a couple of years ago, but never
bothered integrating into my station. I no longer have a computer with serial
ports and was wondering if the DXP-38 was worth the USB to serial cables. I
know it's juts a few bucks, but sometimes less is more, i.e. keep it simple.
So, compared to MMTTY, how well does the HAL play? My thinking was to use it in
diversity reception, fronted by a Timewave DSP-599zx in RTTY tone pair
regeneration mode or just the data mode filter. This is where the complexity
comes into play.
So, keep them pair or sell them?  If keep them, shall I bother with the DSP
front-end or just feed them with the regular audio from my Icom 756P3s?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Rudy N2WQ