Re: [RTTY] small rig for contest dxpedition?

To: WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] small rig for contest dxpedition?
From: Andrei Stchislenok <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 20:08:13 -0400
I used IC-706MKIIG a while ago on RTTY from Ecuador on RTTY, worked fine.
Used TS-570DG many times on RTTY from many expeditions, also did OK. Now
using IC-7200 and happy with this Radio - does nice RTTY unlimited in hot
environment, does not need an extra fan. A friend of mine used IC-7000 -
that one was fine as well, but got really hot though. Do not know about
FT-857 but guessing it should be OK also.

2010/7/5 WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>

> looking for a small rig to take on a plane for use as a second radio or
> backup rig for a major rtty contest....I have a 706MKII with a 350hz
> filter,
> never tried it on rtty, anybody use one of these? How about a FT-857....I
> have access to one of those, with built in power supply and tuner...anyone
> use one of those for RTTY? How about IC-7000?

73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D