Re: [RTTY] Cheating

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Cheating
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:01:47 -0400
Sent the following to Don a few minutes ago.

"Hello Don,

I'm probably the culprit.  No excuse but it wasn't intentional.

Forgot to initiate the "RTTY Single Tx Lockout - Last one wins" Writelog
feature until noticed the meters on both amps. were showing xmitting.  Once
saw this, I realized what happened.  I don't think any simultaneous QSOs
were made to my knowledge, only working a station on one band while CQ on
the other (still a "Rules" violation).  Out of town family commitments and
then having my grandson's soccer team holding their end of season party at
the QTH on Sunday didn't allow much time to get everything set-up and
tested.  Then only had a few hours of in and out shack time.  The desire to
put some time in the Contest over took double checking the S/W set-up.

Regarding the spotting, Don, on the wrong band, again, this could have been
associated as well with the problem of the "RTTY Single Tx Lockout - Last
one wins" not being checked.   Normally, just calling up the "Edit Packet
Spot" (Cntrl T in Writelog) will have entered the last call worked on the
keyboard entry band for sending to the Cluster.  Again, noticed this wasn't
the case after posting several "wrong" frequencies for stations heard in the
Contest.  However, noticed this occurring even after the "RTTY Single Tx
Lockout - Last one wins" was checked.  Used the ANARTS Writelog module as
didn't realize a DLDC WL module had been published due to being on travel
without Internet the preceding week.  I'll see what happens with the DLDC
module.

Again I apologize for the errors.  I'll chalk this up with my having
erroneously operated 11 hours in a 10 hour contest and the several times
started a contest too soon."

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@subich.com> wrote:

> Sometimes it's appropriate to call a thing for what it is.
>
> You can't expect to discriminate against one group of single
> operators simply because you don't like their choice of technique.
>
> 73,
>
>    ... Joe, W4TV
>
> On 6/15/2010 12:10 PM, Bill, W6WRT wrote:

  Mike, K4GMH