[RTTY] BARTG SPRINT 75

To: RTTY@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG SPRINT 75
From: W1BYH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:25:59 EDT
As AA5AU says, THAT WAS A BLAST!!  I must say the first ten minutes or  so
was a little intimidating, with a load of intermixed callsigns and extremely
 short messages, like 1-1 to be decoded.  After a few contacts in the log,
it was a pleasure to work contacts so quickly, and going back to DLDC
seemed  like watching grass grow !  I loved the 4 hour session in between the
DLDC  time slots and I am sure some of the other old guys can more readily
handle the  shorter sprint.  At least I didn't have a problem with dozing off
at
the  keyboard for this one !!  The adrenalin was really pumping at this
speed.  It seemed that there were many fewer requirements for repeats, even
with the very short reports being sent by some stations, especially some of
the  many unrecognized callsigns.  I was frankly surprised at the activity
and  really enjoyed this one.

Worked the following:  20 meters   98 Q  39 M and 4  Continents (also
missed Africa and Oceania)
15 meters   21 Q's  no multi's or continents for total score  of  18,564

See you back on the DLDC for a rest period!!

Very 73 to all,   Norm  W1BYH