Re: [RTTY] BARTG 75 Sprint

To: <roger@g3ldi.co.uk>, "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>, <pcooper@guernsey.net>, <arthur.bard@btinternet.com>, "Ian GM4KLN" <gm4kln@cairn-ltd.co.uk>, <sam.hallas@ntlworld.com>, <ian@bartg.org.uk>, <radiostarchild@homecall.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG 75 Sprint
From: "John Barber GW4SKA" <ska@bartg.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:02:06 +0100
Hello,

Nice to see everyone on the screen. I also worked G3WW and wondered about his
age!

Comments seen so far have all been praising the contest, even seen 'all
contests should be run on 75' from one W regular. I thought it was brilliant.
Much slicker (working 4 a minute at the start) and also very much quicker when
searching through for new ones. Going back to the other contest on 45 seemed a
complete pain ... so slow! My usual 250Hz filter was OK most of the time but it
is a bit tight on 75, so had to switch to 500Hz for a few contacts.

GB50ATG made 108 contacts in about 2 hrs 30. I had to see the end of the
football so missed the best bit, then took another break later for food.

I will have a rethink about time and bands after the logs are in but definitely
support of another similar venture. It needs more activity to get the best of
the high rates and maybe running slightly earlier and all band will help. I
agree with Roger that it should stay short at 4 hours.

About 30 logs in so far and a lot will come after the German test finishes.

Cheers,

John GW4SKA