Re: [RTTY] IS0R & 75 baud

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] IS0R & 75 baud
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:38:30 -0700
On May 10, 2010, at 10:57 AM, WS7I wrote:

> I'll let Chen address the phase-shift and polar problems.  But don't use your
> 250 Hz filters as they won't work!

Yep, unlike the P5/4L4FN case (50 baud), you will need to use a wider filter
for this one.  Perhaps something around 90 Hz wider than the narrowest filter
that you could use for "regular" RTTY.

Jay is also right that multipath is a bigger problem since intersymbol overlap
(mark and space overlapping) is more significant due to the shorter bit time.
That is on top of the fact that Eb/No (the normalized "SNR per bit") is reduced
since Eb (energy per bit) is reduced due to the shorter bit time.

We'll find out if this is just a poor choice, or is a very poor choice :-) :-).

73
Chen, W7AY