[RTTY] Re SO2R

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re SO2R
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:10:41 -0000
Hi all,

Interesting comments from all!

Hank KR7X, I was not being critical of SO2R, or anyone that operates SO2R.
It was just an observation that may help some SO2R ops think about the way
they work.
I checked, and you are in my log, so thanks for the contact!

I should have made a note of the calls doing this, but it was some way into
the contest when I realised what was happening and why. A few were indeed
into the 10 seconds bracket, and I only waited because they were a mult for
me, and I was in S&P mode.
As was stated, I can move on if I can't wait, and on some occasions, that is
what I did.

Where it got me a little annoyed was when it was me CQ'ing, and they called
me, but were then very slow in sending me a report.
This only caused confusion on the frequency, and resulted in others trying
to call and get in.

I do realise that SO2R takes time to learn, and we ALL make mistakes from
time to time, that's life.
Yes, there were also some slow SO1R ops as well, and I know I hit the wrong
key more than once, or was a little slow in getting the callsign into the
call field (usually when Writelog decided to highlight only part of the
callsign!), and this is normal, and expected.

My original email was just a casual observation, as I said at the time, and
it seems to have generated quite a bit of thought!

Oh well, back behind the fire-screen now!

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100217-1, 17/02/2010
Tested on: 17/02/2010 18:10:40