Re: [RTTY] To dash or not to dash - the bottom line

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] To dash or not to dash - the bottom line
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:57:10 -0600
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 12:03, Kok Chen <chen@mac.com> wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2010, at 1/26    9:10 AM, Peter Laws wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 01:28, Bill, W6WRT <dezrat1242@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> QWE-QWE-QWE-QWE-QWE (etc, 30 times)
>>
>> The - character is in the FIGS case, not LTRS, so how would I end up
>> with your example?
>
> You wouldn't, Peter.

Thanks for smacking my softball pitch into the left-field bleachers.  :-)

If the exchange is my state or my name, no dashes.  If the exchange is
a serial number, dashes.  That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.

If someone's software can't deal with the various combinations and
permutations of contest exchanges, I am not going to try to fix that.
I will, however, try to send the most efficient, least ambiguous, most
robust messages that I can.

And QWE-QWE isn't one of them.  :-)