[RTTY] Am I Set Up Correctly?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Am I Set Up Correctly?
From: Ken Alexander <k.alexander@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 20:41:34 -0800 (PST)
I'm setting up MMTTY for AFSK operation with my K2 in preparation for the RTTY
RU this weekend.  I'm a total rookie.

I have the Mark set at 1000 Hz so that received signals are in my K2's filter
passband; the RTTY filters were configured centered on 1000 Hz.

However, I tried transmitting and noticed that the Mark tone on transmit is
2125 Hz and reverts back to 1000 Hz on receive.  It looks to me like I'm
inadvertently operating split, but I don't see a setting in MMTTY that controls
the Mark tone on transmit.  Is there one?  Am I OK and just don't know it?  Or
do I really have to stay on LSB and use the wide SSB filters?

Thanks in advance.

Ken Alexander
VE3HLS