Re: [RTTY] Windows 7 & Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

To: n7us@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Windows 7 & Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 13:27:33 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 09:24:45 -0500, "Jim N7US" <n7us@arrl.net> wrote:

>I downloaded and ran the Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Beta program.
>It determined that my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard isn't compatible
>with Windows 7.  I'm passing along the information because it's a popular
>card for RTTY decoding.

REPLY:

For what it's worth: I also downloaded and ran the Win7 Upgrade Advisor. It said
fine, no problem, but when I downloaded the Release Candidate, it would not
begin the install. Said there was an I/O error and could not continue.

I think if I want Win7 I'll wait and buy a computer with it already installed. I
recall the same kind of hassle with XP.

73, Bill W6WRT