Re: [RTTY] RTTY in ARRL Field Day

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY in ARRL Field Day
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:48:34 -0500
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 06:57, Junior<charlesw_anderso@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I recall my first test. I had a little too much in the buffers, along with
> machine lockups and other errors, and a low score. I think it was around 67

You had buffers???  :-)

I used PC-PAKRATT and a PK-232 in the 1994 Roundup at W5YM.  Actually
did use the limited macros available in that and sort of learned as I
went along, figuring out that you could actually key and unkey from
within the macro.  Pretty cool.

Convinced the club to license WF1B the next year.

But then didn't operate teletype from 1996 to 2004 ...  :-(

Still working on 100 entities on RTTY.