[RTTY] How to Score VOLTA RTTY

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] How to Score VOLTA RTTY
From: Dick Kriss <aa5vu@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 10:01:07 -0500
I  do not understand the VOLTA RTTY scoring and
could use some help.

As a US W5 station, if I work W6WRT on 20 meters,
I would get 1 QSO, 1 QSO Point and 1 Multiplier
assuming he is the first W6 work. The total Points
would be 1 x 1 x 1

However,  if I work W5KA I get 1 QSO, 0 QSO Points and
0 Multiplier because contacts with other W5's do
not count.

Dick AA5VU

<http://www.contestvolta.it/volta43.pdf>

SCORING: All two way RTTY contacts will score in accordance with the
exchange POINTS TABLE.
Contacts between stations within the same DXCC Country or call area (for
Australia, Canada, Japan,
New Zealand and USA ) will not be valid. (e.g.: A W2 station can work W1,
W3, W4 etc, but not
W2). Contacts made outside one's own continent on 3.5 or 28 MHz are worth
double points.

COUNTRIES: ARRL DXCC Country list plus each call-area in Australia, Canada,
Japan, New
Zealand and the USA will be counted as a separate country. In those cases,
the ??main¹¹ Country
multiplier (JA-VE-VK-W-ZL) DOES NOT COUNT and ONLY each worked call-area
(JA1..0,
VE1...0, VK1..8, W1...0, ZL1...ZL4) can be considered.