Re: [RTTY] ANARTS and BARTG contests .. the future

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ANARTS and BARTG contests .. the future
From: "Frank Hunt" <zl2br@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 15:30:43 +1300
It's good to hear that the ANARTS will be run this year, but it's
extremely sad that this will be the last ANARTS. Because of the
scoring system it's the only contest, apart from the VOLTA RTTY, that
allows those of us in remote parts of the world to compete on a
fairly level playing field against those in the more more densely
populated parts of the world.

It would like to seriously suggest that it would be nice if the
spirit of the ANARTS could continue, by one of the BARTG contests
adopting the scoring rules of the ANARTS !

Afterall apart from mults only once versus mults each band there is
little difference between the two BARTG contests except for one being
a 24 hour contest and the other a 30 out of 48 hours contest.

73, Frank ZL2BR/ZM2B