[RTTY] PTT From Where?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] PTT From Where?
From: Ken Alexander <k.alexander@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:40:10 -0700 (PDT)
I'm planning on operating in the BARTG RTTY contest for a few hours this
weekend with my K2.

I will use a MicroHAM CW Keyer as the interface for rig control and a SignaLink
USB as the audio interface.  I'll be running N1MM and MMTTY software.

Both interface boxes are capable of controlling PTT on the K2 (the CW Keyer via
the I?O port and the SignaLink via the mic connector), but it makes sense to
allow only one of them to do so.  The question is, which one should be allowed
to?  My first inclination is to let the microHAM do it because it's a "rig
control" function.  Does that make sense or does it really matter?

Thanks and 73,

Ken Alexander, VE3HLS