Re: [RTTY] Fun, but

To: RTTY Contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fun, but
From: Jay <ws7i@ewarg.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 14:32:48 -0800
True AFSK is fine, its just Processors, Mic Gain, and RF that make AFSK
less than desirable for many that seem to operate it.  Seems to be this
is all true, else why would anyone buy all of these fancy devices that
replace a couple of transistors?

How is the poorly adjusted AFSK obvious unless you have a scope?

I use FSK and AFSK, BTW, FWIW.  As the FT-1000 just automatically takes
AFSK and makes FSK its all moot in any case.

> You mean not to use AFSK?
>
> My AFSK setup is simplicity in both hardware interface and use.
>
> A poorly adjusted AFSK signal is very obvious. A properly adjusted one
> can't be distinguished from FSK.
>
> 73 - Steve WB6RSE
> _
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by ClamAV]