[RTTY] does anyone listen any more?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] does anyone listen any more?
From: "David Ashworth" <ahab@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 23:04:48 -0000
Hello and greetings.  Am I the only one who gets the incomming call wrong
and then sends them the correct call, only to have them come back with the
still incorrect call and the still incorrect name?  Reminds me of that good
country song, "I'm not Lisa"

I am Dave, not Jim, or Lisa.

The moral of the story, wrong callsign, not in the log, so why even enter a
contest if you can't get it right?

I have waited while a station went into stutter mode and then got it
corrected, that was a QSO waiting for.  We all started somewhere and we were
very happy when a big time station came back to us.  Also, when my station
goes nuts and I had to reset, I was always glad the OM on the other side
waited for me.

Still a gentleman as far as RTTY goes, my friends might say something else.
What say ye my good lads, surely ye have something to spout.

Best regards, see you down the log, Dave, NC6P