[RTTY] BPSK125 Contesting

To: "cocoaModem (c2M) Users" <cocoamodem@yahoogroups.com>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] BPSK125 Contesting
From: Dick Kriss <aa5vu@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 09:55:09 -0600
 The European PSK Club (EPC) contest described at
 <http://www.epcwwdx.srars.org/index.php/contest-rules.html>
was (and still is) my very first encounter with BPSK125.

The most recent version of W7AY's cocoaModem added
BPSK125 as a new mode so I decided to give it a try. At
first I could not find any signals, then I noticed some spots
just above 14.080 (rather than 14070 used for PSK31) and
it came alive.  I just happened to stumble into a contest
and figured this would be good way to get started.

As RTTY contester I did not see any future to PSK31
contesting as it was slow and better used for rag chews
with long macros. I was surprised that BPSK125 is FAST
and the users were all using contest type exchanges.

For cocoaModem users try using the BARTG Sprint
contest template. It works great with some minor
macro tweaking .  Be sure and use the %3n so your
serial numbers have three digits.

The EPC WW contest was (and still is) great.  Give it try.

73 Dick AA5VU