[RTTY] CQ to accept EQSL for awards

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] CQ to accept EQSL for awards
From: "Rick Smith" <kt_7g_macro@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:14:44 -0800
  I have used both EQSL and LOTW for a few years now.  I have also used them
for expedition calls (zk1, vp5, v31) and the big difference that I see in the
two systems are what happens when you submit a log.  When the other Ham sends
in an alleged contact with you; In EQSL you get sent the contact information
for you to agree or disagree to get it into your credits and his.  In LOTW you
do not see any contact info from the other station, unless it matches.  I have
several "contacts" that show up that are not in my log.  Are these poor record
keeping on their or my part, or just folks fishing to see if they can get a
confirmation?  They may have heard me working others and not made it or thought
I answered them and I did not.  Or they may be just trying to see if they can
get anything back without working me.  There is no filter on dishonesty in this
Hobby or any other for that matter.
   We have had to prove, with airline ticket stubs and license copies, that we
were actually in the countries that we claimed to operate from when we claimed
to be there.  This is because someone before us claimed operations from places
where they were not.  Rules like that keep the DXCC process honest.

KT7G
Rick Smith
360-896-0221
http://home.comcast.net/~macrosmith/MACROSMITH.html