Re: [RTTY] FT 950 and/or FT-2000 - for RTTY??

Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT 950 and/or FT-2000 - for RTTY??
From: Dino Papas <kl0s@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:20:55 -0500
Andrei -- I just looked at the FT-950 manual that you can download
from the Yaesu site and it appears that the rig will do both FSK and
AFSK (manual page 101, actual page 103).  I don't have a Yaesu but my
Kenwood TS-940S looks like it works the same way.  You can feed a FSK
signal (on/off switching) that causes the FT-950 to transmit FSK.
Although it's transparent to the user the Kenwood is actually sending
AFSK that it is deriving internally from the master reference
oscillator....but in the FSK mode you can use the FSK dedicated
filtering.  Obviously you have to use audio tone input for the sound
card modes.  The back panel has an accessory port for both kinds of
input.

Hope this helps....am sure a Yaesu user will chime in here to give
you a real perspective.

73 -- Dino KL0S