Re: [RTTY] Windows XP Pro OR Vista?

To: "RTTY Group" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Windows XP Pro OR Vista?
From: R Johnson <k1vu@tmlp.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 01:16:53 -0500
Hi Andrei:
For what it's worth, Microsoft has acknowledged that Vista was a flop !!!

They are coming out with Windows 9 to replace Vista in mid 2009 (or 2010).

Microsoft has been offering to downgrade from Vista to XP for a coulpe of years.
(for additional $$$ of course)

My Son-in-Law is Software Engineer for companies that do Credit Card Security
and
Law Enforcement Software. All of their customer base has kept XP or XP Pro.

Most commercial software is not supported for Vista !!!

Microsoft has stated that they support XP products until at least 2014.

I am building 3 new computers and am ordering 3 OEM copies of XP.

Do a little "WEB Research" on Vista before you buy anything.

FWIW:
My Son-in-Law bought  my Daughter a new  DELL laptop with XP Home installed
just to
save on his "Aspirin Bill" :-) !!!

73 es GL
Bob, K1VU