[RTTY] W6WRT CQ WW RTTY score

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] W6WRT CQ WW RTTY score
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:01:36 -0700
Wall to wall on 20 and 40, couldn't believe it. Nice! 15 was open with
good signals but not many on, mostly South Americans. Even worked one
LU on ten, but very weak. Come on, sunspots.

Murphy struck me on Suncay morning (doesn't he always?). After about
an hour of working Eu with what seemed poor signals, on a hunch I went
out and looked at the beam. Sure enough, it was about 70 degrees off!
I recalibrated it and what a difference. The next station I worked, an
SV, said "huge signal", and all the Eu were now loud and clear. My
rotator, an Alfa Spid, which I love, has a peculiarity. It measures
rotation with a pulse counter and I suspect it gradually accumulates
errors due to rounding off the degrees. Anyway, it is easily
recalibrated from the ground... if you know it's off. Something to add
to my contest check list.

Thanks to all for the QSOs. Even worked that hurricane refugee, AA5AU.
Welcome back Don! I was so excited to see him, while I was typing a
hello message manually I think I forgot to send my exchange. Sorry
'bout that. :-) I'm sure he figured it out.

73, Bill W6WRT

           CQWWRTTY Score Summary Sheet

       Start Date : 2008-09-27

    CallSign Used : W6WRT