Re: [RTTY] Ahh, the sound!!

To: "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Ahh, the sound!!
From: "Ekki Plicht (DF4OR)" <ep@plicht.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:17:42 +0200
On Thursday 11 September 2008, Eric - VE3GSI wrote:
> Yah know, I don't miss the sound of the carriage rattling around and as I
> remember the smell of the oil at all, but for some reason, I do miss the
> sound of the bell.
>
> Thanks for the video link Tom, it sure does bring back memories.

That reminds me...
In preparation for a contest I lubricated an old Lorenz LO15. And I had no
silence cover... Returning after the contest my girlfriend asked my if I had
grown freckles. Most of the fresh oil was evenly distributed on my face and
shirt...

And yes, she had to yell that remark at me before I heard her.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR