Re: [RTTY] Don AA5AU?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Don AA5AU?
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 08:24:30 -0500
We are safe in West Monroe, LA which is on Interstate 20 between Jackson, MS
and Shreveport, LA.

Watching the news as the eye is coming onshore about now.

My QTH is located about a half mile east of the Harvey canal.  This is the
most vulnerable area of the entire New Orleans area right now because the
flood wall is not completed.  The biggest difference between Katrina and
Gustav is that with Katrina the winds were mainly from the north and
northeast which flew the water out of the Harvey canal.  Gustav, coming to
the west, is causing south and southwest winds which blow the water into the
Harvey canal along with any storm surge.

We still have power at the house because my answering machine is still
picking it.  I keep checking that every 30 minutes or so.

Thanks to everyone who sent E-mail.  Sorry I haven't had time to answer all
of you.

73, Don AA5AU