[RTTY] GU0SUP SCC RTTY SOAB(LP)

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP SCC RTTY SOAB(LP)
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 16:47:14 +0100
Hi all,

I had planned to make a big effort in this one, but yesterday was one of the
hottest days this year, so I went fishing with some friends a few hours into
the contest.
It was possibly too hot to sit in the shack all afternoon anyway, and with
such a beautiful day, it was an obvious choice to make some use of it. Apart
from the lovely weather, I didn't find conditions that good in the early
hours of the contest.
By the time I got back home last night, I was only fit for my bed, so I
started again around 0620UTC this morning.

I quite enjoy this contest, as there are no country mults, only the "years",
so I usually find it better to call CQ. This year, condiitons were hard, and
my runs only seemed ot last about 15 to 20 minutes.
15m was seriously hard work, so I only made 3 QSO's on that band, and I
didn't hear a peep on 10m.

Earliest year logged was 1947, but I did see G3CCO handing out an earlier
year, although I never got to work him.

Only a couple of highlights in terms of calls worked, and they were BT1OB,
ZL1BYZ and KL8DX, all of whom had good signals here.

Here is my rather poor score:
Class - SOAB(LP)
         QSOs   Points  Years
80m:        0       0       0
40m:       38      76      27
20m:      163     363      52
15m:        3       7       3
10m:        0       0       0
Total:    204     446      82

Total multipliers:         82
Score:              36572

Thanks to all for the points, and my log is already on LoTW. Paper cards are
also very welcomed.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP

Internal Virus Database is out of date.