[RTTY] RTTY presentation available

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY presentation available
From: "Barry Baker, K4CZ" <K4CZusa@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 15:35:40 -0400
In March 2008, I posted a request for RTTY presentations and received lots
of input from subscribers to the RTTY reflector.  I received so much
interesting and helpful information (including PowerPoint presentations,
articles and website references) that the toughest job for me was condensing
it into 30-40 slides for a presentation about RTTY Contesting to my local
chapter of the Potomac Valley Radio Club.  Since I had to keep the
presentation relatively brief, I included two pages of references at the end
for people who want to explore some subjects in more detail.

Although I used many sources, my final presentation was primarily adapted
from a presentation prepared for the Northern California Contest Club in
2003 by the following members:

Mark    K6UFO
Marc    W6ZZZ
Dean    N6DE
Bryan   AC6JT

I also relied heavily on information provided to me by the following RTTY
ops:

Don      AA5AU
Mike     K4GMH

Thanks to the people listed above and everyone else who contributed directly
or indirectly.

Hopefully, the presentation will be a helpful introduction to RTTY
Contesting for other clubs and individuals.  I created a weblog
(http://k4cz.wordpress.com/) with links from which the presentation can be
downloaded.  The presentation can be downloaded in either PowerPoint or
Acrobat format.  If you use the slides for your own presentation, please
include the credits listed above (which are also on page 2 of the
presentation).  I would also appreciate a blog comment or email letting me
know that you used it.  My email address is on QRZ.com.

If you find any errors or would like to suggest additions or improvements,
please post a blog comment or send me an email.  Periodically, I will post
updated versions.

Thanks again for all the help.

73, Barry K4CZ