Re: [RTTY] FT920 as RTTY radio

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT920 as RTTY radio
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 20:33:16 -0700
On Jun 3, 2008, at 7:07 PM, John Fleming wrote:

> I'm sure I will regret questioning Chen on radio matters, but I
> believe the MP also uses an internal digitally-synthesized afsk
> generator for RTTY.  I'm so paranoid that I just rechecked my memory
> by looking it up in the manual.  Show me where I'm wrong on this Chen.

That was what I used to think, too.

See archives of the RTTY Reflector here:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/RTTY/2004-08/msg00330.html
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/RTTY/2004-08/msg00331.html

By the way, it should have been "Keyed-AFSK," (i.e., the FSK keying
signal is used to shift the AFSK signal), not "Keyed-FSK,: which does
not make much sense.

I'm still using the same FT-1000MP -- approaching 10 years now and no
blown finals or cold VCO solder joints yet :-).

73
Chen, W7AY