Re: [RTTY] no RTTY ops

To: "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] no RTTY ops
From: "Andrei Stchislenok" <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 12:17:28 -0400
I had the same story. Wanted to participate, called CQ, searching on the
bands. Made three contacts and this was it. I beleive one of the major
issues is that Writelog and other wide popular programs do not have this
contest, no modules.

See you all next weelend in SP DX RTTY Contest.
... Ande every night on 1808 MHz on RTTY!!

73's Andrei NP3D

2008/4/20, Dick White <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>:

> I had never tried the TARA Skirmish before and decided to try it this
> weekend. It was apparently a bad decision. I worked 3 calls and that is
> all.
> YV5JF at 0054z,  YV5AAX at 1339z and CN8KD at 1415z all three on 20
> meters.
> I tried 80-40-20 my Friday evening and just worked YV5JF as he was the
> only
> contest signal I could find. No one answered my many CQ's Friday evening
> or
> Saturday morning. Saturday morning was a bust also. I worked YV5AAX and
> CN8KD, who are always operating RTTY contests, but that was it. I did not
> see any NA calls on any band working this contest. No one came back to my
> many CQ's during the time I was on. Apparently all the RTTY ops were doing
> PSK31. When I took a look on the PSK frequency for 20 meters, it was wall
> wall with signals. I didn't want to do PSK and called it quits. If this is
> an example of RTTY participation in this contest, I probably will not try
> again next year
>
> QSO's = 3   Pts = 3   Cty = 2    Score = 6
>
> 73  Dick  KS0M
>
> Richard C. "Dick" White
> Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
> whiter26@sbcglobal.net
>
> Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
> Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
>
> Amateur Radio Station - KS0M

73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D