Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] RTTY replace CW contesting??

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] RTTY replace CW contesting??
From: Jay <ws7i@ewarg.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:29:05 -0700
This is rather amusing if you ask me.  I see no reason at all to make RTTY
contests like the contests that the SSB/CW guys
have currently and have had for a long time.

RTTY Roundup isn't a SS contest, and it isn't a DX contest.  It is a
Roundup and that's why it has its name.  CQWW RTTY grew out of
several old RTTY Contests and like all RTTY contests people can work
everyone.  WPX has far from inferior rules.

Not these phone guys are trying to fix OUR contests. Yeah, right like we
have some need to do so. We have our own traditions and
last time I looked RTTY contesting was exploding in participation in
comparison to "old fashion CW" contesting.

We have a shorter tradition but now two of the below three are 20 plus years.

>> > That should not even be considered until CQWW RTTY has the same rules
>> and scoring as the real CQWW contests, such as 0 points for intra-country
>> > QSO's.
>> > Right now it's just another of the zillion everyone-works-everyone RTTY
>> > QSO  parties that occur nearly every weekend. Just the name "CQWW
RTTY" is a
>> > travesty  when compared against the 70 year history and tradition of
CQWW CW and