Re: [RTTY] NAQP and Linefeeds

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NAQP and Linefeeds
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:44:53 -0800
On Feb 23, 2008, at 2:20 PM, W6SX Hank Garretson wrote:

> Please.  A gentle suggestion to those sending linefeeds at the end of
> their exchanges.  It is not helpful.  Indeed it is
> counterproductive.  For those of us on the receiving end trying to
> click on your call, name, or state, the linefeed makes it harder and
> slows things down.

Just for this reason, my homebrew software has a dynamic option in its
contest interface to replace carriage returns and linefeeds by space
characters before they are printed to the screen.  Perhaps you can
gently nudge the person who wrote the software you are using to
provide a similar facility.

Text that extends beyond the current line will cause a scroll to
occur, however.  But at least you can anticipate those.

73
Chen, W7AY