Re: [RTTY] PSK Article in QST

To: "Andrew O'Brien" <andrewobrie@gmail.com>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] PSK Article in QST
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:43:50 +0000
Andy is correct on his observations.  PSK is an important DX mode.  There have
been several "new ones" for me which were worked on PSK because the operator
did not operate RTTY.  VK0M Macquarie comes to mind.  My first ever digital
contact with VU4 was a PSK31 contact which I don't believe could have made on
RTTY.  I know there are some that are diehard RTTY ops that want all their
entities worked on RTTY, but if you are serious about getting to the Honor
Roll, you'll need to get on PSK!

While tuning for a YU8 station on digital, it's so easy to sit on 7035 with one
radio and monitor multiple PSK signals with Digipan.  If a YU8 shows up, I'll
see it.

BTW, YU8NU was spotted on 7036.4 PSK earlier today by a JA station.

WFWL!

73, Don AA5AU