Re: [RTTY] PK232

To: ns5b@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] PK232
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:51:53 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 04:40:11 +0000, ns5b@comcast.net wrote:

>Just upgraded my radio from a Kenwood TS-430 to a Yeasu FT-1000MP MarkV and
>wondered if the AEA PK232 would work on the new rig for RTTY, PSK31, and other
>digital modes, or, should I put that back on the shelf with the 430 and look
>for a RigBlaster Pro or something along those lines to use instead?
>
>What do other owners of the Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V suggest I use?
>
>Steve, NS5B

I had a Mark V at one time and it worked fine with MMTTY for RTTY. Had I
wanted to, I could have used DigiPan for PSK, and there are other
programs for other digital modes available for free (as are the two
above). A RigBlaster is fine, but you can construct the cables for
practically nothing yourself and spend your $$$ elsewhere. I am still
using the interface cables I built ten years ago and have used then on
many different rigs with no problem. The MMTTY help files have detailed
instructions.

73, Bill W6WRT