Re: [RTTY] Will You Let FCC Kill PACTOR3?

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Will You Let FCC Kill PACTOR3?
From: "Peter Laws" <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 13:25:45 -0600
On Dec 27, 2007 12:23 PM, Kok Chen <chen@mac.com> wrote:

> RM-11392 pretty much attempts to keep Pactor III in particular, and
> automatic stations in general, from interfering with keyboard digital
> modes.  Just MHO, of course.

And this would be bad ... why?  Automatic == bad, IMHO, whether it's
Pactor or RTTY or Morse and as you said, 1500 kHz is plenty of
bandwidth.  Far from (what word was used?) "stifling"  amateur
innovation, forcing narrower bandwidth should do just the opposite.

I admit to not clicking through to TFA, but I don't think it's an ARRL
petition and we all know that the FCC only mangles ARRL proposals.
:-P

"The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government
strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and
a people strong enough and well enough informed to
maintain its sovereign control over its government." - FDR