Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] SO2R-SO1R from The Yukon??

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] SO2R-SO1R from The Yukon??
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 07:58:42 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:08:40 -0500, "Joe Subich, W4TV"
<w4tv@subich.com> wrote:

>When you convince all contest sponsors to create a separate entry
>category for those who use low, non-gain antennas whether by choice,
>zoning restrictions, HOA regulation or simply lack of space, you
>will have the moral standing to argue for separate entry categories
>for other hardware limitations.

I am not concerned about antenna categories and neither is anyone but
W4TV as far as I can tell. Nobody but W4TV brings up the antenna issue
and then only as an attempted diversion from the one vs two radio
issue. If anyone wants antenna categories, by all means bring it up.

There are already two hardware-based categories: HP/LP/QRP and
assisted. They were created for good reason and it is time for SO1R
and SO2R to be separated too.

73, Bill W6WRT