Re: [RTTY] Contest Ethics

To: <rtty@contesting.com>, Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Contest Ethics
From: "WS7I" <ws7i@ewarg.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:39:48 -0800
IMHO there is no need for either a Contest Manager nor a score checker to not
participate in a contest.

I have been doing some of this stuff for a long time and typically those that
are chosen to check logs and/or be the contest manager of a given contest are
folks of the highest ethical standards.

I never noticed if Ron checked my log or I his when we were starting the WPX
contest.  But I can assure you that it wouldn't have mattered very much.

In fact in over 20 years of RTTY contesting I have only heard of a person who
was hosed once in a RTTY contest and that was when a SSB/CW guy got to vote on
the date that a certain log was allowed to be entered which was far beyond that
of the contest deadline.  The good news was that at least a few people know who
actually won the contest.

--
ws7i@ewarg.org