Re: [RTTY] Topband: pre-selector/filter

To: raoulc@smmcape.co.za, RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Topband: pre-selector/filter
From: Gedking@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:44:11 EST
I used to use an old RME pre-selector back in my Novice days, with my S76
Hallicrafter. It had two 6J6's in it, The first a tuned pre-amp in push-pull
and
 the second as a push-pull cathode follower, It added another   TUNED
circuit to the front end and helped to bring then out of the mud and also kept
High
power stations down the band from overloading the front end. The  radios of
today don't have TRF stages in the front end but rely on IF stages for
selectivity. My SP-600 has two tuned stages before the first mixer. So if it is

TUNED try it.

ED K8OT