[RTTY] Contesting too long is when....

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Contesting too long is when....
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:18:43 -0000
Hi all,

I think you have been contesting too long when you go to the supermarket and
the tills sound like a DX station you need!

I took the XYL shopping on Saturday lunchtime (to keep the peace!) and could
have sworn I heard a KL7 with some auroral and polar flutter coming from the
tills!

Oh well, time to reflect on yet another excellent contest!

WAEDC has to be one of my favourite contests of the year, as the QTC's are a
real challenge, especially with low power and small antennas.
I have heard some folk moan about how you have to wait till the QTC traffic
has finished, but for me, this is the time to equalise the VFO's, or maybe
use a memory button, go work another mult and then come back to that
previous station.

The only small bug I came across when CQ'ing were those SO2R stations who
seemed to take way too long to respond. When CQ'ing with a call like GU, you
do notice this, and it did slow the effort down a little at times,
especially just after being spotted.
So, SO2R guys, please try to pay a little more attention to that mult
station you are working whilst running!

73 all

Phil GU0SUP