Re: [RTTY] Suggestion for JARTS 2008

To: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@pclink.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Suggestion for JARTS 2008
From: "Jack West XP" <w7ld@theriver.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:45:56 -0700
Hi,

I have to add a comment here.  I once used a Kansas City Tracker PC card and
software to let the computer rotate my bean automatically.  It was neat!

Now...I am retired...no new toys, and my rotator is broken and does not rotate.
However, it free wheels, so I shot a line over the back part of the boom.  Now
I place old automobile tires, in the front yard, in positioins 180 deg opposite
the
directions I am interested in transmitting during a contest....

And I simply tie the boom line to one tire and then another etc. according
to my pre-contest game plan.  This way I can rotate the beam only 180 deg
so I use the backside of the beam for Asia, and Oceania etc.

I retired 14 years ago...the rotor broke about 7 or 8 years ago.
Who knows? Maybe I will place a tire in the yard to favor your direction in the
next contest?

73
de Jack / W7LD / "Lucky Dog"
PS. It is nice to have a XYL that has won a couple HF contests...hi

.